]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

PUBLIB Home

PUBLIB  May 2018

PUBLIB May 2018

Re: Any Libraries Using an Alternative to Dewey for Any Part of the Collection?

Angie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

publib <[log in to unmask]>, Angie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 May 2018 23:26:40 +0000

text/plain

For the libraries that have done this, have they addressed issues of color-blindness if their classification system involves color coding things?

I would have trouble if I needed to find books by color, because I literally cannot see certain colors. It looks like the Cumberland Library Presentation also has words/descriptions on the labels, which is good.

Thanks,
Angie Johnson, MLIS
Adult Services Librarian