Print

We just started our lending program this week. Here is our lending policy:

PVPL Wi-Fi Hotspot Checkout Agreement

Use of a library hotspot is subject to the term and conditions set forth in this Checkout Agreement, and by checking out the hotspot, you agree to the following:
1.    I understand that the hotspot can only be checked out at the Prescott Valley Public Library with a YLN library card by a person who is at least 18 years of age, and who has a library card in good standing.
2.    I understand that the hotspot can be checked out for 4 weeks and can be renewed 1 time. It must be returned to a staff member inside the Prescott Valley Public Library by the due date, with all included cables and in the original packaging, or a late fee of $1 per day will be charged to my account.  The hotspot may NOT be returned to the book drop. A fee of $1 will be charged to my account if the hotspot is returned in the book drop. If the hotspot has not been returned on its due date, the service to it will be terminated and it will become unusable.
3.    I understand that the Library has no control over and cannot guarantee the availability of hotspot service, continuous service, or speed of the connection.
4.    If I do not return the hotspot to the Library in good working condition, and free from damage, with all included parts and in the original packaging, I will be charged a $100 replacement fee.
5.    I understand that the hotspot has filtering software in compliance with the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA), and that I am responsible for monitoring what my children and other minors access or view while using the hotspot.

6.    I understand that I must comply with the Service Providers Acceptable Use Policy, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, as well as Library's Internet Use Policy. It is my responsibility to read and abide by these policies and to comply with all Federal and State Laws.
7.    I understand that open, unsecured wireless network "Hotspots" are freely and easily accessible and are unsecure. I understand that the Service Provider, Library, and their officials and employees are not responsible for, and I will not hold them responsible for any files, data, confidential or personal information accessed, transmitted, lost or damaged as a result of using the hotspot.

By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the above terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Signature                                                                                               Date
Printed Name                                                                       Date
Staff Use Only:
I have verified the patron's address and phone number on their account.
Library Barcode _________________________
I have verified that they are at least 18 years of age.
Staff Initials: ______________

Casey Van Haren, MLIS | Library Director
Prescott Valley Public Library
7401 E Civic Circle Prescott Valley AZ 86314
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.pvlib.net<http://www.pvlib.net/>
Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/PrescottValleyPublicLibrary>